My Gleanings

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

"The Bernanos Letter"

I would like to remind readers here that I have written a long report "The Bernanos Letter" dealing with the controversy surrounding the writing of A Certain Tendancy of French Cinema which I published as a stand-alone blog.
The charge has been made that François Truffaut duped the screenwriter Pierre Bost into lending him the unproduced screenplay for "Diary of a country Priest" and then flamed him with it when he wrote the article
A Certain Tendancy of French Cinema.
I examine that charge taking into account one piece of evidence which never seems to be considered, the letter which Georges Bernanos had written in 1947 explaining his reasons for refusing to allow that screenplay to be produced.
"The Bernanos Letter"

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home